Sunday, May 10, 2015

Part 9: Answers

Questions from my friends in Mrs. Tyranski's 2nd Grade Class:

1.       What’s your favorite part about the trip so far?

I have ice cream every night. My favorite flavor is hazel nut. They call it "lešnik".
 
2.       What was your favorite restaurant?

My favorite restaurant is Leonardo Pizza because they have tortellini and it's my favorite. They also have very good chicken fingers.

3.       Have you been shopping or have you bought anything?

 I bought my Mom some earrings for Mother's day.

4.       Are the prices more expensive in the US than they are in Macedonia?

Yes they are. Ice cream only costs 25 denar which is 50 cents. It would cost about twice as much at Dairy Queen in Michigan.

5.       What does the money look like?





Here is a picture of the money. It has pretty colors and pretty pictures. It seems like you would be rich if you had 1000 denar, but really it's like $20 in the US. Usually our dinner is about 1000 denar.


6.       Do they have the same toys in Macedonia as they do in the US?

Not really. I went to someone's house, but she didn't have many toys. Many people live in small apartments so they don't have a lot of stuff. They play outside a lot and swim and play basketball.

7.       Did you get to go inside the big church?

Yes I did.  I saw lots of pictures of people like Saints. They were lots of pretty paintings surrounded by gold. I'm not allowed to take pictures inside so I don't have any to share. The paintings are very old, and camera flashes will cause the paint to fade.

8.       Why did the gladiators kill each other for fun?

The gladiators did not think it was fun, but the people watching them thought it was fun. Kind of like watching wrestling or football today.

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmm, hazelnut gelato! You're a very perceptive kid, sweet nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg i agree Natalie! Hazelnut Gelato and tortellini and baklava. .. and don't forget the Fanta!!!

    ReplyDelete